Sunday, June 6, 2010

More on Happiness

A few more random quotations from THE HAPPINESS PROJECT by Gretchen Rubin.

1) To eke out the most happiness from an experience, we must anticipate it, savour it as it unfolds, express happiness, and recall a happy memory.  (page 108)

2) quotation from C.S. Lewis - When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so.  Now that I am fifty I read them openly.  When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."  (page 119)

3) Three different kinds of fun - challenging fun (most demanding, takes time and energy, but also most satisfying), accommodating fun (requires making accommodations, takes effort, organization, and it strengthens relationships), and relaxing fun (doesn't require honing skills or taking action)   (pages 134 and 135)

4) quotation from a reader - I can DO ANYTHING I want, but I can't DO EVERYTHING I want. (page 123)

No comments:

Post a Comment