Thursday, May 5, 2011

For today:

I saw this format for blog posts awhile back (don't remember where) and thought I'd try it sometime.  Today's the day for the first try.

For today:
- Outside my window the skies have varied from light gray to dark gray to blue sky with the sun going down.  It is amazing how much the skies can change during the day.
- I am thinking about how blessed I am and how wonderful it was to have a guest for lunch - especially one who brought lunch with her!  Thanks, Ruth.
- I am thankful that I am gaining strength and was actually able to walk for 10 minutes.  (Although I will admit to being pretty tired when I was done.)  I am also thankful that I am able to do some short driving trips now!
- I am wearing capri yoga pants and a turquoise T-shirt.  Yes, I said capris.  It wasn't terribly warm today, but I'm pressing for spring to show itself in all its glory.  And - I will admit to the fact that I'm actually enjoying yoga pants.  Never thought I would buy them.  But, like many things in life, once you try new things you can be surprised how good they actually are.
- I am reading up on menopause and trying to figure out some ways to get control of (translation - get rid of) lovely hot flashes that wake me up in the night.  Last night was better.  Hopefully tonight continues the trend.
- I am hearing birds singing in the trees.
- I am praying for relatives of friends of mine. 
- I am rejoicing that my cousin was released from the hospital.
- Around the house, nothing is getting done.  And - I am totally okay with that.  It's really kind of freeing to not feel any compulsion to get things done.
- One of my favourite things is creating cards.  Today I played with some of my photographs to come up with some ideas for invitations for Middle School Graduation.  I hadn't been doing much of that and it felt good.  (Although it also felt good to get away from behind the computer and rest my healing muscles after an hour.)

It has been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment