Sunday, October 28, 2012

Quilt Festival


I've been enjoying seeing the quilts shown by the multitude of creative individuals from oh, so man places.  Once again, I've added to my list of "oooh, I want to try that."  (As yet, an unwritten list, so it doesn't feel quite so daunting.

I knew which quilt I wanted to put in.  And then I read the requirements.  The one I wanted to put in is not finished.  It's still at the quilter's home, so it'll have to wait until next time.  Choice #2 is also at the quilter's.  So, it's on to choice number three.  Fortunately, I actually managed to finish quite a few quilts this year.  

So, here it is.  My entry for the quilt festival.  I love this quilt.  I made it with material bought on a FART (Fabric Acquisition Road Trip - can't take credit for the acronym) with friends.  The trip was attempted in March one year.  We were stymied by bad winter weather and didn't make our destination.  (Still had a delightful trip with friends and managed to find some fabric.)  We tried again in the summer and managed to make it to the Eureka Quilt Show.  We had a fabulous time.  I already had the charm pack for this line (Moda - Collections for a Cause - Tradition) and I picked up the layercake and jellyroll on the trip.  These were turned into a scruffy throw quilt made with a tutorial I found at Moda Bake Shop (Scruffily Quilt).  


This quilt makes me smile every time I see it.  It reminds me of my special times with friends.  And it reminds me of how playing with fabric makes every day better.
Quilt stats:
size - 60 inches by 60 inches
quilted by Devon Lavigne of Prairie Quilt Mercantile (soon to be called Prairie Now)
best categories: throw quilt and professionally quilted quilt

Be sure to check out the other quilts at the festival!  (Hopefully you'll be brought to the festival if you click on the top of this link.)
Amy's Creative Side

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I can't say I've ever heard that acronym before - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great quilt! Looks so cuddly and soft. Nice colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks so pretty and cozy!
    This is a pattern I have long wanted to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very spectacular, i like this very much:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like there are some wonderful memories associated with this cozy-looking quilt. So happy!

    ReplyDelete